1. I went for a run yesterday morning and got caught in one of those dead leaf mini-cyclones. It was exciting. This morning it was so cold I almost needed my gloves for the entire run. My ears went numb. It’s strange to be hot and numb at the same time.
2. I made a pumpkin-hazelnut bread yesterday morning and forced it on the scattered printers working at the Center yesterday so I wouldn’t eat the whole thing. It wasn’t bad, but I don’t think I’m in love with pumpkin.
3. I finished this:
which I quite like, thank you. I’m trying to remind myself that yes, I am working on this book, it really is happening, albeit verrrryyy slowwwwwllly.
4. I finished the holiday cards for the Center, which gave me a wicked printing blister and a sore shoulder.
5. I made not just one, but two gratins, of which this was by far the better:
6. I witnessed a stand-off and thought about mopping my floor:
It was a full weekend.